Foxwell NT520 Pro from Foxwellstore.com has got high praise from a bunch of net friends on the forums. So I went to this online store and placed the order, only to get the news from the customer service that it is out of stock. She was very nice and recommended me the upgraded version of NT520 Pro, that was Foxwell NT530.
I was very appreciated and quickly checked this tool online to get more latest news about it. I also asked for more details such as newly added special functions, price discount, and obvious features from this customer service staff. Finally, I made up my mind to get it home for my car.
All right! Let’s see the review of NT530 on the forum first and later check out some instructions of installing this software.
Top review to read:
One buyer of NT530 recently commented, “Initially I was disappointed because it offered only basic code scanning functions in spite of the advertised ability to provide brand-specific functions including service interval updates.
After scouring their website (different from the sales site above-see foxwelltech.com) I was stumped on how to install and/or update the brand-specific software on the tool. The site’s links to PDF files would simply not work. Instructions were inscrutable. I finally emailed foxwellstore from whom I had purchased the unit and asked for a return authorization code. They emailed back and asked just what the problem was. I told them. They provided a link and asked me to try again. I did. It worked. The tool now has a Porsche-specific menu item which on first blush appears to have the oil-change interval update and other functions available.
Next, Let’s see what this buyer has learned from his personal trying out of this tool.
That’s the instructions of NT530 software installation previously we talk about.
Software Installation Instructions:
1. When you purchase the tool and request that the Porsche brand software be included, it is in fact not installed. You are, however, licensed to download the brand-specific software. Read on:
2. Navigate to the foxwelltech product homepage and find the ‘Download’ tab. There, you will see three download options. The first is a PDF(FoxScanner+Update+Guide+EN-v1.00.PDF) which describes the three steps you need to take in order to install your brand-specific software. The second is the user’s guide which comes as hardcopy with the product and is essentially useless. The third is an installer.zip file. Download the first and third files.
3. Follow the instructions found in the pdf file. You have to navigate to a website and establish a user account. You then have to register your product. To do so, connect the product to the usb port of your computer with the provided cable. The tool will boot up and you can use it to find the tool’s serial number and a (iirc) 4-digit hex key, essentially a secret- or password. Use these to register. Finally you need to install the ‘FoxScanner’ downloaded in the zip file, an operation I found mildly alarming but no more so, I guess, than installing durametric or other software on my computer.
4. Launch the FoxScanner tool and login using your user account established in step 3.
5. Connect the NT530 tool to your computer via the usb port and provided cable.
6. Select the update menu item.
7. The FoxScanner sees your NT530 (and its TF card), and populates a table with brand-specific software for download and installation. Select Porsche and wait until the install is complete. There are two steps the FoxScanner tool will go through. It will first download software to the tool and then perform an install function. The latter took a few minutes, be patient.
8. Now the tool displays a Porsche-specific menu item. When I connected the tool to my car and selected the new menu item I was able to find the oil service interval update function among others.
Many friends would ask me, “Why should we buy Foxwell NT530?”
OK, that’s a good question. Let’s move ahead with the following information and you will understand clearly and confirm your choice of buying it.
What’s new in Foxwell NT530(Competitive Advantage):
1. Free update online lifetime
2. Adds more license: Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, etc
3. BMW software adds BMW F-series/F-chassis diagnosis
4. Works with the latest 2018/2019 models, NT520 Pro up to 2016, 2017 currently
5. Supports multi-Language: English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, Dutch, Portugues, Korean, Swedish, Italian, Russian
More extensive car model coverage than NT520 Pro:
Aston Martin (Aston Martin)
Benz (Benz, Maybach, Smart, Sprinter)
BMW (BMW, MINI, Roll-Royce)
Chrysler (Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge)
Fiat (Abarth, Alfa, Romeo, Fiat, Lancia)
Honda (Honda, Acura)
Hyundai (Hyundai, Kia)
Land Rover (Land Rover, Jaguar)
Nissan (Nissan, Infiniti)
Opel (Opel, Vauxhall)
Peugeot (Peugeot, Citroen)
Renault (Renault, Dacia, Samsung)
Toyota (Toyota, Lexus, Scion)
VW (VW, VW_CV, Audi, Bently, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda)
If you want to check more detailed car model list, don’t hesitate to go to Foxwell NT530 Function Car List.
Very well! That’s all for today’s updating. If you want to know more about the professional scanners of this series, please don’t hesitate to go to Foxwellstore.com to get what you want at the unbeatable price.